Release management thoughts for Dapper Drake

Mark Ramm mark.mchristensen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:23:40 CDT 2005

> I don't think that's a winning proposition for us.  Debian and upstream fix
> more bugs than we do, hands down, but this is even more true within the set
> of packages you're suggesting we keep frozen.
>
> It also leaves us in the situation of supporting older software for the long
> term, and older software requires more resources to support.

I totally agree.  Not only that, it's the packages that we havent
modified in the past that are most likely to be frozen.  Then if and
when they break we will have to fix them, without having the
experience of worked on them in the past.

The debian maintainers know these packages better than we do, so fixes
will be easier for them.

--Mark Ramm