Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 17 05:31:29 CDT 2005

<quote who="Fabio Massimo Di Nitto">

> Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > just for the long term supported releases where shipping two numbered
> > versions (2.6.12, 2.6.14) may make sense.
>
> No it does not make sense and as i already explain in the other thread it
> will require too much extra man power that we do not have. Without even
> touching the userland problems that 2 parallel kernels will involve.

I heard and understood your comments in the other thread. Whether we have
the resources to do it or not is slightly different from whether or not it
makes sense. I'm not arguing about it - I'm just providing more information
to help people understand Jane's graph given the assumption of two kernel
versions.

- Jeff

--
UbuntuBelowZero in Montreal!          http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBelowZero

    "So: Stop selling software. Give it away. Work out some other way to
   make money, because pretending it's not replicable is not it. Profit."
                               - Martin Pool