Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 17 04:46:21 CDT 2005

<quote who="Jane Silber">

> So in some senses this is a worst case scenario (i.e., continue to have
> different kernels for desktops and servers for each release), but I also
> think that once we go down the path of having separate kernels, it will be
> difficult to pull them back in line, so in some ways I think this is also
> a realistic scenario.

Note that we would not have separate desktop/server-supported kernels for
our regular 18 month supported releases, just for the long term supported
releases where shipping two numbered versions (2.6.12, 2.6.14) may make
sense.

- Jeff

--
UbuntuBelowZero in Montreal!          http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBelowZero

   "There, I did it... I defiled a timeless piece of ART!" - Jim Carrey,
                          covering I Am The Walrus