Release management thoughts for Dapper Drake

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 17 03:14:43 CDT 2005

Hi Jeff!

Jeff Waugh [2005-10-14 13:18 +0100]:
>     * GNOME 2.14, KDE

Just a random idea: I believe many bugs (that users will be aware of)
certainly result from new Gnome versions. In our last release
processes, we only had one month for stabilizing the final Gnome until
we released.

So what if we released Dapper in May instead of April? This would give
us a full extra month that we could spend just for bug fixing and CD
testing (another field where we performed badly in Breezy IMHO).

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?