Release management thoughts for Dapper Drake

Ivan Krstic krstic at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Oct 15 08:59:23 CDT 2005

Ante Karamatic wrote:
> 1 month isn't quite enough for testing enterprise ready services. Maybe
> different aproach would be better. Why not take whole 6 months?

I agree one month is a bit short, but I'd be quite reluctant - both
technologically and socially - to create overlapping releases, which is
what would happen if another 6 months were taken to make a release
enterprise-ready. If extending the cycle is an option at all, I'd say
the upper bound on the stabilization period should be no longer than
half a cycle - 3 months. And it'd be better if we could pull it off in two.

--
Ivan Krstic <krstic at hcs.harvard.edu> | 0x147C722D