5.04 to 5.10 upgrade problem

Astrit Zhushi astrit at albalinux.org
Thu Oct 13 07:27:49 CDT 2005

Greetings to the list,

On one of machines I had installed Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary and wanted to
upgrade to Breezy 5.10. I have edited /etc/apt/sources.list and ran
apt-get update followed by dist-upgrade. However, when coming to postfix
upgrade the system just reboots:

Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 13796 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace postfix 2.1.5-9ubuntu3 (using
.../postfix_2.2.4-1ubuntu2_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement postfix ...

After this point system just reboots. I have tried several times but my
system always reboots. Furthermore, I tried to remove postfix package
but I can't do, dpkg complains that the package is in half installed
stae and can't be removed.

I've checked the logs if something gets logged but did not saw anything
related to this issue.

Best regards,
Astrit Zhushi