ldconfig-error in apt while dist-upgrading

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 12 14:39:31 CDT 2005

Hi Alexander!

Alexander Gleich [2005-10-09 14:53 +0200]:
> Richte libecal1.2-3 ein (1.4.1-0ubuntu2) ...
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpostfix-util.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpostfix-master.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpostfix-global.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpostfix-dns.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>
> It doesn't matter which lib-package i update, it stays the same error message.
>
> Shall I file a bug or is this my fault (though I'm sure I did not change
> anything of ldconfigs config-files)

I have never seen this, and usually these files *should* be symbolic
links. Can you please file a bug about this and include some details
about your particular setup? Like the way you installed hoary, the
file systems you are using (include the output of "mount"), etc. Also,
did you ever backup/restore your file system or did a similar process
that could have converted symbolic links to proper files?

Thanks!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de