5.10 Release status update: The Reckoning begins

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 11 19:00:24 CDT 2005

We are in the final stages of preparation for the 5.10 release.  The
breezy/main archive is CLOSED unless we find a showstopper during the final
test cycles.  Simple and safe fixes can be considered for breezy-updates
after the release.

I've sketched out a simple test plan here:

to help us keep track of what has been tested in the latest candidate
images.  During the next day or so, we'll need to cover all of these cases
(and re-test them in the event of a new last-minute build).  If you are able
to help with the testing, please join #ubuntu-devel on FreeNode and follow
events unfolding there.

If you have any questions, follow up here or contact me on IRC.

 - mdz