5.10 Release status update: The Reckoning begins

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 11 19:00:24 CDT 2005

We are in the final stages of preparation for the 5.10 release.  The
breezy/main archive is CLOSED unless we find a showstopper during the final
test cycles.  Simple and safe fixes can be considered for breezy-updates
after the release.

I've sketched out a simple test plan here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyTestPlan

to help us keep track of what has been tested in the latest candidate
images.  During the next day or so, we'll need to cover all of these cases
(and re-test them in the event of a new last-minute build).  If you are able
to help with the testing, please join #ubuntu-devel on FreeNode and follow
events unfolding there.

If you have any questions, follow up here or contact me on IRC.

--
 - mdz