Analyzing and improving GNOME startup time

Carey O'Shea carey at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 6 05:39:12 CDT 2005

Martin Holt Juliussen wrote:

>Found this page some days ago:
>http://www.gnome.org/~lcolitti/gnome-startup/analysis/
>Hope it can be at least a interesting read for the developers of the
>distribution I like so much:-)
>
>It seems like it's been a lot a work on that subject already.

There is some really good information there. It makes me curious, how
much of these tricks/patches are Ubuntu using? The merging of the
configuration files seems imperative... a 9 second reduction is huge,
and I wouldn't think anyone will be logging into a Gnome 2.6 environment
from Ubuntu Breezy. But I guess I don't really know what I'm talking about.