Defaults for sound events - please be less noisy

Øivind Hoel oivind.hoel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 05:46:51 CDT 2005

I second this. I'm often weary of switching on my laptop in study
halls, libraries and the like at my university because of two things:
The RAMDAMDAMDA sound gdm spits out, and the loooong gnome login
sound. If I muted my sound the last time I used the computer, then
sure, everything is fine and dandy, but if I can't remember - I'll
just sit there forever without touching my beloved lap..top :-)

An option to disable the sound server at gdm login would be excellent.
Hope it's something that will surface in dapper...