Defaults for sound events - please be less noisy

Till Varoquaux till.varoquaux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:31:05 CDT 2005

It could be indeed very interesting to be able to mute the whole thing
at log-in.

Last year I worked at a public library once in a while. Windows
computers are a real nuisance (you here the default log-in sound at
least once every 10 minutes). I'd hate to see Ubuntu follow down the
same road....

Maybe, if this option can't be easily added in gdm, we should switch
to an opt-in mode rather than an opt-out mode.
Till