eclipse-platform package issue (first conflict, then missing file)

Loïc Minier lool+ubuntu at via.ecp.fr
Mon Oct 3 07:02:48 CDT 2005

        Hi,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005, Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/eclipse-platform.postrm: line 3:
> /usr/sbin/update-gcj-classmaps-eclipse: No such file or directory
> How can I resolve this issue?

 1/ file a bug

 2/ if you're in a hurry, butcher
 /var/lib/dpkg/info/eclipse-platform.postrm as root and add a "|| true"
 at the end of line 3 so that the postrm script continues, this can
 break your system, you have been warned  :-P

> BTW: To the maintainers of the package, a few days ago the first bugfix
> upgrade was released (Eclipse 3.1.1). Maybe its possible to get that one
> into Breezy?

 I suppose package maintainers are subscribed to whatever announces new
 releases, usually you don't have to remind them of new upstream
 release.

   Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier <lool at dooz.org>