Ante Karamatic ivoks at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 27 14:45:55 CST 2005

Hi!

I noticed that Trash/Recycle Bin/Wastebasket isn't completed
"application" on any platform. Biggest problem with trash is that it
gets filled and rarely gets purged.

Shouldn't Trash purge automaticly after some period of time? Let's say
that, by default, it never get's clean, but user should be able to
define some amount of time when Trash get's automaticlly cleaned. On
every startup applet should check for files older then N days and remove
them if user wants for files to stay in Trash for N days. On the other
hand, some of use don't log out for couple of days :) Maybe some other
way of implementation?

Could this be possible since "deleting to trash" is acctually simple
move to other location (preservs ctime and atime)?

--
Ante Karamatic | 0xD3BDA225 | 0x0A4A0161
ivoks at grad.hr | ivoks at ubuntu.com | ivoks.blogspot.com