Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 26 04:55:00 CST 2005

hi,
On Fr, 2005-11-25 at 14:21 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Oliver: this doesn't affect ldm unless you've added a shutdown function to
> it.
i haven't yet, but i was planning to do it due to several complaints i
had on IRC and by mail.... if you teach in a school with 20 ltsp thin
clients and every client takes >~30 sec of holding the power button to
shut down, at least in germany your 10min break between classes is
over ;)
its a trivial add on (5 lines of code in max ?) to have a shutdown
command in there.

> > Nov 24 06:28:28 <ogra>	* thin-client-sound: updated the spec (pending approval), started adopting the proof of concept in real code in my local bzr branch, discussed changes to gstreamer with pitti, updated the spec accordingly
>
> Please make sure you do this in a separate branch from your ldm changes.
i did ;) will upload the branch over the weekend

> > Nov 24 06:28:28 <ogra>	* thin-client-local-devices: started some initial tests, ltspfs/ltspfsd cvs version uploaded and build, binary is in the archive
> > Nov 24 06:28:28 <ogra>	* thin-client-memory-usage: updated the spec (pending approval), did some further testing
> > Nov 24 06:28:28 <ogra>	* thin-client-faster-startup: updated the spec (pending approval)
>
> If you are blocked on spec approvals for any of this, please mail me
> explicitly, as I am not frequently polling Launchpad.
there are currently enough obvious and low hanging fruit tasks i can do
on the latter two without being blocked by spec approval. local-devices
depends more on external resources (Tollef or Ian having a free timeslot
for adding X transport to dbus, ltspfs being ready for daily usage
(which didnt see enough testing from my side yet)) so they are not
blocked by the spec yet.

i'll mail you with a list for the pending approval specs.

ciao
	oli