Sandis Neilands sandisn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 20:03:38 CST 2005

Hi!

I don't think that candy-like winxp icons are needed.
1) They are not consistent with gnome.
2) Without any explanation they are cryptic. The only obvious for me is the
red one. But for people who are not familiar with comics or english (like my
mom) the zzzzzzz would be hard to figure out. And what does the triangle do?
3) Accessibility issues - I am not an expert in this field, but I suppose
that screenreaders would be useless in this particular case. Also I am not
sure if the symbols/colours you are using are meaning the same in different
cultures/societies.

As for me, I would prefer ordinary gnome buttons with text strings on them.

One other thing - shouldn't this be discussed in ubuntu-art mailing list?
--
Sandis