Ante Karamatic ivoks at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 21 06:52:53 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 03:46 -0600, Jeff Black wrote:

> In my limited experience booting from a USB device isnt 'normal'.
> Having a user hold down a key in order to enable usb booting doesnt
> seem all that evil to me ;)

On the other hand, I have problems cause Ubuntu boots before USB scaning
is over. I have one laptop with "/" on USB. Booting from that USB
allways fails since my USB storage is detected after initrd allready
fails.

This is a bug, but as you can see this bug and your problem are
diagonaly different. I need Ubuntu to stop while USB is performing
scaning, and you want it in background. Major bug (total loss of
funcionality) against minor bug (making ubuntu looks nicer :)

--
Ante Karamatic | 0xD3BDA225 | 0x0A4A0161
ivoks at grad.hr | ivoks at ubuntu.com | ivoks.blogspot.com