Stephen Hemminger shemminger at osdl.org
Tue Nov 15 13:54:53 CST 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:45:17 +0000
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> In Breezy, the skge driver is overriding the sk98lin driver. I believe
> that may be a mistake. On my A7V600 motherboard I have experienced
> hard (keyboard unresponsive, SysRq not working) lockups. Upgrading the
> BIOS of the motherboard did nothing to aleviate the situation.

It just happens that way since both drivers support the same hardware.

How soon does the crash happen, right away or only under load.

> If I can get my hands on a null modem cable, I can potentially debug
> these crashes.

Please report driver problems to me (the maintainer) and netdev at vger.kernel.org.

Also include lspci and console boot output. It really helps to
know the chip version and revision.

> In the meantime, you may want to consider giving the sk98lin driver
> priority over the skge driver.

There is no easy way to give priority, it is an either or situation.

Also the long term plan for 2.6 mainline kernel is to deprecate the sk98lin driver.

--
Stephen Hemminger <shemminger at osdl.org>
OSDL http://developer.osdl.org/~shemminger