Shot - Piotr Szotkowski shot at hot.pl
Sun Nov 13 15:35:46 CST 2005

Hello.

Øivind Hoel:

> For what it's worth, Windows XP boots a hell of a lot
> faster - all the way in - than Ubuntuu and gnome does.

The catch is in 'all the way in' - I think Windows simply brings up
the user interface much earlier in the boot process than Ubuntu does.

In my experience Windows is very slow for the first half a minute after
I log in, as it seems to be still bringing up various parts of itself.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
   Probably merely possessing a Debian disk or any product of the United
   States is enough to get you thrown into jail in the wrong parts of