Gilles Morel g.morel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 08:59:15 CST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with my parent's laptop (Compaq Presario R3304) with
the pcmcia port (for wifi).

My parent's have this laptop since 13 months and i test 2 pcmcia cards
for wifi : Netgear WG511 v3 (made in China) & MSI CB54G2 (rt 2500).

This cards works fine with windows xp but they don't be recognised on
Ubuntu (Warty - Hoary & Breezy).

Finally, i am looking on the net why (the MSI is well recognized
normaly) and i find that :

http://lists.pcxperience.com/pipermail/linuxr3000/2005-June/006317.html

http://lists.pcxperience.com/pipermail/linuxr3000/2005-June/006318.html

I don't know if it's a bug or anything then if someone have an idea ...

I have testing Ndiswrapper too but the card is not recognized & the
module (M2500.inf) is the good one because i am verify it on windows
before.

Sorry for my very bad English :-/

Cheers.

Gilles.