Sandis Neilands sandisn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:05:15 CST 2005

Hi!

On 11/10/05, Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers at digital-scurf.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My father has been using Ubuntu since Warty and has some concerns about
> proposed UI changes for dapper. He is 77, nearly 78, and demonstrates an
> important principle we'd potentially be breaking. That of the principle
> of least surprise.
>
> I'm not going to say whether or not I agree with his complaints, or the
> rationale for changing things the way he's not happy with; but I was
> asked to pass on his comments and I am thus doing so.
>
> D.
>
> --
> Daniel Silverstone http://www.digital-scurf.org/
> PGP mail accepted and encouraged. Key Id: 2BC8 4016 2068 7895

I completely agree with you. By the way you can check out the MenusRevisited
spec (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MenusRevisited). In comments section there are
a lot of good arguments against proposed changes.

What i think is that we should clean up System
Tools/Administration/Preferences a bit, but DON'T hide anything from the
user.

--
Sandis