Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 04:26:45 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, Rick Rocker <debian_noob at web.de> wrote:
> Can you please deactivate IPv6 from the standard installation?

IPv6 is completly backwards compatible with IPv4. So all IPv6 aware
applications should 'just work' in plain IPv6 networks.

Could you please give a point to the appropriate bugreports in
applications that don't behave in the way you expect?

> Every new installation of Debian(Ubuntu) gives at first a very
> slow connection until the average-Joe-user goes and removes
> the ipv6 modules and deactivates the ipv6 usage in Mozilla.

Please define 'slow connection'. I cannot reproduce your problem.

> What I does not understand is why is it activated as there is
> very little support of this thing!?

I used to have an IPv6 tunnel at home, but it is currently offline,
since I'm searching for a new tunnel broker atm. I have found it very
convinient to have IPv6 enabled by default.

--
regards,
    Reinhard