Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 1 03:03:44 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:02 +1100, Till wrote:
> On 31/10/05 06:43 John Richard Moser Wrote:

> > I have 3 files in there, that I put there long ago, never knew what it
> > was.  I put an AbiWord Template (.awt) and two OOImpress (.sti)
> > templates in there.  The New-> menu still says "empty file"
>
> Just create an empty OpenOfficeDoc.odt and place that in there and it
> will show up.  Works here!

Sorry my point has been taken in the wrong way: I did not mean "this
does not work", but rather, "this is not the default". I was suggesting
that some templates come installed with Ubuntu, or when users add
particular programs. If people don't like them, they can remove them I
suppose.

Matt

mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF