New oregano package

Ricardo Markiewicz rmarkie at fi.uba.ar
Mon May 30 19:27:16 CDT 2005

El lun, 30-05-2005 a las 23:24 +0200, Reinhard Tartler escribió:
> On 5/30/05, Ricardo Markiewicz <rmarkie at fi.uba.ar> wrote:
> > Hello all.  I'm trying to update the Oregano's package, can anyone
> > download[1] and review it?
>
> First, I noticed that you converted oregano to a native package.
> Honestly, this confused me a bit because the version number looks
> quite strange (oregano_0.40.4-1.tar.gz).

0.40.4 is upstream version. The -1 package revision. I'm not sure when I
have to add ubuntu in the version. I read that is only for packages that
come from debian.

> Then I noticed that you upgraded to a new upstream version. A quick
> look told me, that debian has no newer version, but that you already

Debian has no new version because the maintainer (a friend of mine)
don't do his job :) .. I'm "upstream" in oregano.

> filed a wishlist bug at the debian bts to upgrade to new upstream
> version: http://bugs.debian.org/293094.
> Did the debian maintainer answer you in private perhaps?

Yes, but I don't know why the new version is available. Now are working
to get Oregano in Sarge.

> Anyway. I would strongly suggest that you leave the package as non
> native package, i.e. with dsc, orig.tar.gz and .diff.gz, and give it
> version number
> 0.40.4-0ubuntu1. This way we have the possibility to update to the
> debian package if applicable.

Oks .. now the question :) , how can I add the 0ubuntu1 when create the
package ?

--
Ricardo Markiewicz // http://www.fi.uba.ar/~rmarkie/