New oregano package

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Mon May 30 11:07:51 CDT 2005

Hey Ricardo,

Am Montag, den 30.05.2005, 12:50 -0300 schrieb Ricardo Markiewicz:
> Hello all.  I'm trying to update the Oregano's package, can anyone
> download[1] and review it?

thanks alot for doing this! ROCK! :)))

> Its my first package (or package update). I try to follow the New
> Maintainers' Guide step by step.

I'll have a look at it later tonight.

Sorry for using your post to start a more general discussion:

Generally the process is like this: you put it
      * on http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUToReview (if it's a package update
        or an applied patch) or
      * on http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTUNewPackages (if it's a completely
        new package) and
      * somebody will put comments there.

The justification for this is: having a medium where everybody can
easily give a comment and we have a complete overview over what's
happening and what is still to review.

But since I'm now experiencing being more or less offline from IRC and
not having a look at the Wiki every now and then, it's quite comfortable
to receive requests over the mailing list. The argument of "persistence"
is still right on mailing lists and suggestions on packaging style are
even archived and available for new maintainers. Apart from that, the
mailing list definitely catches more eyes.

Any thoughts on this from the rest of  ubuntu-devel- world?

Have a nice day,
 Daniel