New member

Daniel Holbach dh at mailempfang.de
Mon May 16 02:56:22 CDT 2005

Hey Juraci,

Am Sonntag, den 15.05.2005, 14:15 -0300 schrieb Juraci Krohling Costa:
> I know a little bit of python* and ruby, perl essentials**, good php
> experience and "professional" java :-)
> I'm a gnu/linux user that have used/tried Conectiva 3.0, Corel Linux 1.0
> (omg!), Slack 7.0, 9.x and 10, Debian, FC 2.0, and now, Ubuntu.
>
> I hope to help to improve Ubuntu, and have some fun on programming nice

Nice to hear that. We really need more good people in the team. :-)

There are two things I can propose to you:

     1. MOTU land! Imagine being a package maintainer - not of just one
        package - of 13.000 of them. You would apply fixes, get in
        contact with upstream maintainers, act upon bug reports, include
        own ideas, package NEW stuff - in short: do everything to give
        everybody the cozy feeling there's a stable and rich Universe to
        just pick from. On top you would work with a nice team and have
        fun with us. DIAL 1-800-MOTU today and join the crew. No I was
        just kidding, if you'd like to get into the MOTU crew, you may
        have a look at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU and/or hop into
        #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net and we'll make sure you're a
        good maintainer in no time.
     2. If you'd like to get involved in the goals for Breezy that were
        discussed on the last conference, you might have a look over
        here: http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDownUnder/BreezyGoals -
        teams have already formed around goals, but nobody will raise
        objections if you contribute and the decisions are based on more
        shoulders. The irc nicks are attached to the goals, so if
        something scratches your itch, feel free to contact those guys
        (on #ubuntu-devel) with your ideas and maybe even pieces of
        code.

I really appreciate your interest in making Ubuntu even better, so if
you have questions in general, feel free to ask me.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel