Easy way to go to hoary?

Psquared dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Sun May 1 10:06:49 CDT 2005

Yes, I am on Warty with backports. I have tried to upgrade to Hoary
using apt-get and synaptic (changing sources.list from Warty to Hoary)
but it chokes on the last step. I posted a message about this before
and was told that it appeared I had an outdated version of dpkg and
bzip. When I checked the versions of these programs it appeared I had
the most current ones available for Warty, but the dist-upgrade would
not work. That is why I have turned to the ISO.

I know how to change the sources.list to look for the CD so I'm going
to give it a shot. What I was curious about was the post which
indicated that if you download and make a Hoary install CD and put it
in your CD drive that it will ask me whether I want to upgrade or do a
clean install. Is this the ISO? Do I have to boot it to get to this
point? If I run dist-upgrade or smart upgrade in synaptic with CD
sources enabled will it also ask me this question??

Just curious.

Thanks.

--
Psquared