support for asus M6N(e) laptops

84yelo3 84yelo3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:52:18 CST 2005

Hello, there's a way to support battery status in asus laptops (M6Ne and
M6N models).
There is a kernel patch that makes acpi parser compatible with asus bios
(buggy):
http://m6n.ath.cx/aml_method_exec_hack.patch
a new kernel package could be compiled with this patch.

Since it's possible to detect if you have such a laptop using this command

# modprobe asus_acpi
M6NE model detected, supported

I think it shouldn't be difficoult to add in the install process a
script that choses the right kernel package if it detects those models.

It would be a great thing if acpi4asus.sf.net package would be inserted
in a repository, because it helps to configure hotkeys in asus laptops

Unfortunately low voltage states (cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU1/power)
don't work in these models (as state 0 is active and the others are not
supported), so it's not possible to say that asus laptop support is done.

so, developers, what do you think? can my requests be accepted?

sorry if any language mistake, I'm not English...