Hoary net install half works

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Mar 18 20:34:27 CST 2005

 > checking the Alt-F4 console, I see it is doing:
 > wget -q http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu//dists/hoary/Release -O -
| grep ^Suite: | cut -d' ' -f 2
 >
 > Which doesn't return anything.  I am guessing Release didn't used to
be in html, and now it is.

 > (guessing this is another bug.)

No wait... it looks like ComCast wants me to register something or
something.  wtf.

here is what wget gets: http://dev.personnelware.com/carl/ubuntu/Release

   <head>
     <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
     <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">
     <title>Welcome to Comcast High-Speed Internet!</title>
     message += "<H3><u>Existing Customers</u></H3><P>";
     message += "<p>If you have a Comcast.net email address and
password, please do the following:</p>";
     message += "<ul>";
     message += "<li>Click the &ldquo;Download&rdquo; button on this
page to download the Comcast installation soft
ware and begin the installation process.</li>";
disable any firewall, anti-virus and pop-up b
locking software currently running on your computer before running the
installation software.<br>";

Why does wget get this but Thunderbird gets the real file from
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/hoary/Release?

weird.  Like I need an extra problem.

Carl K