Evolution becoming unusable.

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Thu Mar 17 10:24:52 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 10:22 +0100, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> ons, 16 03 2005 kl. 08:48 -0800, skrev George Farris:
> > I just did the latest round of updates and Evolution is becoming more
> > and more unusable even after a reboot.  I have reported this in bugzilla
> > it is failing with alarm-notify crashes, e-d-s crashes, calendar not
> > responding.  Weird.  This is the worst I've seen Evo in a long,long
> > time.  I could do a fresh install of the preview but apt-get update
> > should take care of everything anyway.
> >
> > Are others noticing this?
>
> Yes. It crashes for me too.

Well I think I found the problem with the alarm notifier crashing.  Some
weeks ago I tried configuring the Exchange connector and finally gave
up.  I deleted the Exchange account from Evo but it seems that the
information wasn't actually removed from ~/evolution/exchange.

I have removed everything in ~/evolution/exchange and now the alarm
notifier doesn't seem to crash.

I'm thinking that was the source of more problems than the alarm
notifier.  Evolution should have stopped looking at any exchange stuff
as soon as I deleted the account but it didn't:-(

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College