gdm and sudo question

Adam C. Greenfield adam.greenfield at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:00:13 CST 2005

GDM runs as root so it can execute commands as root:

(pts/4) bastion% ps auxwww | grep gdm                               ~ (12:59PM)
root      5688  0.0  0.4  10164  2372 ?        Ss   Mar08   0:00 /usr/bin/gdm
root     19849  0.0  0.5  10492  2844 ?        S    Mar10   0:00 /usr/bin/gdm

Adam C. Greenfield
<adam.greenfield at gmail.com>