dpatch on Makefile.in?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 22 03:03:17 CDT 2005

Hi!

Magnus Therning [2005-06-22  8:36 +0100]:
> I don't think the argument regarding 'blowing up the package diff.gz'
> holds water though. Since there now is a dpatch containing the generated
> changes it actually blows up the diff.gz even more.

Not if you carefully use the correct version of autoconf/automake etc
and take care to remove the autom4te directory before creating the
patch. If you do that, the patch to the .in file should be very small.
If one just bluntly calls autoreconf with whatever version of autocrap
is installed, you will end up with possibly a megabyte patch.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de