buildd and archive.ubuntu.com

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Tue Jun 7 04:16:47 CDT 2005

hi,

Am Tuesday 07 June 2005 11:04 schrieb Colin Watson:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:38:13AM +0200, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > Ok, yesterday night between 20:00 UTC and 22:00 UTC i uploaded
> > libbonobomm1.3-1.3.8-2.2ubuntu1 to the buildd.
> >
> > It compiled successfully on all archs,but never showed up in the
> > archives. But, the source diffs are already on archive.ubuntu.com
> > (libbonobomm1.3_1.3.8-2.2ubuntu1.diff.gz
> >  libbonobomm1.3_1.3.8-2.2ubuntu1.dsc)
> > Can someone check, what's going on there? thx :=
>
> All uploads that ship new binary package names need to go through the
> NEW queue for manual checking. libbonobomm1.3 is there at the moment.

Well, it was an version "update" to an already existing package.

> > The other strange thing is libccrtp.
> > There is a new debian package, it's mentioned on bugzilla.
> > but right now, we're trying to sync and build the old version
> > (which is failing)
>
> It's got a version number matching *ubuntu* in breezy, so it isn't
> automatically synced. Somebody needs to merge the Ubuntu changes, or
> ask elmo to sync the new version if the Ubuntu changes are no longer
> relevant.

Well, for sure, but
http://people.ubuntu.com/~lamont/buildLogs/libc/libccrtp/1.0.2-1ubuntu1/
tried to compile old version
libccrtp_1.0.2-1ubuntu1_20050607-0448-i386-failed.gz     07-Jun-2005
04:48  2.0K

And bugzilla reminds us that there was a new package (which I uploaded
this morning ;)) which also failed because of missing libcommoncpp2
(new version from debian, adjusted for ubuntu and uploaded yesterday
evening by me).

So it looks like, that someone or something tried to upload (but there
was no breezy changes announcement) or sync it automatically.

> > Further on, libccaudio, uploaded yesterday evening 18:something
> > UTC, never showed up in the buildlogs..
>
> It's marked Not-For-Us (see
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~lamont/buildLogs/Lists/), which in this
> case probably means it's blocked pending the C++ transition. Talk to
> Matthias Klose.

At least, this lib was on the list for transition.that's why I asked.

Thx for clearing those things :)

And now for something complete different,

\sh
--
Stephan Hermann
eMail: sh at sourcecode.de JID: sh at linux-server.org