Draft laptop testing spec

Kent Nyberg nyberg.kent at spray.se
Sat Jun 4 18:45:35 CDT 2005

sön 2005-06-05 klockan 00:05 +0100 skrev Martin Alderson:
> On 6/4/05, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > Here's a draft laptop testing spec. It's expected that most laptops will
> > currently fail most of the points on here, but things ought to start
> > changing pretty quickly at this point. Comments? Suggestions for extra
> > items?
> >

> Would there be any interest in this being put together as a PHP
> minisite where endusers could fill it in and add comments and we could
> query it on laptop model, laptop maker, ubuntu release etc?
>
> As for the spec itself, it looks quite good. Don't see a mention of
> Bluetooth though...

I may be mistaking now, but should not Ubuntu Device Database do sort of
that?  Check hardware, etc.  According to http://hwdb.ubuntu.com  it
already shows if you have a laptop or not. (I think).

--
webpage:    http://leviatan.kicks-ass.org
Public key: http://leviatan.kicks-ass.org/wp-content/kent-key.asc
MSN:        nyberg.kent at spray.se