Firefox 1.5 for Breezy Universe?

John Richard Moser nigelenki at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 11:47:20 CDT 2005

I'm just wondering if Firefox 1.5 will be packaged for Breezy Universe
with "supplies firefox".  It should be released in September; Breezy is
an October release isn't it?  I don't think that'd be enough time to
test it for main, and of course Breezy should be in feature freeze about
now anyway.  I've used the feature-incomplete Alpha 1 of Deer Park, it's
very nice.

The only forseeable problem is that Firefox is "firefox"; Firefox 2.0
will be "Firefox 2" according to the Mozilla Foundation, so probably
"firefox-2" for Ubuntu.  Firefox 1.5 is still "firefox" and I don't see
or want Ubuntu to make it "firefox-1.5"; dancing through hoops trying to
do two "firefox" packages is a pain in the ass.  I guess you could call
it "deer-park" and then later have firefox 1.5 "replaces deer-park" but
that'd be rediculous and wasteful.

     new problems waiting out there.
                                                  -- Eric Steven Raymond