Testing/Experimental Packages in Universe

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Jul 20 06:38:22 CDT 2005

Guys,

we had small discussion on #ubuntu-motu about some packages which
belongs to main or universe actually, and I was thinking about some
ideas.

We were talking about Gaim and PSI and some other IM Clients, where we
want to see and test some new patches or CVS releases from upstream.

Problem right now is, that we would like to create some testing packages
e.g. gaim-devel for gaim with non-official patches applied or psi-cvs
for actual PSI releases from CVS head (same applies to kopete).

We would like to propose them as new packages to universe, so the
"MOTUNewPackages Policy" applies here. this is not the problem.

What I want to discuss is, are you ok with those packages (speaking to
main maintainers :))) or do you have any objections?

For me it would be nice, to have those packages proposed and tested by a
wider audience, so that we can see (we as in ubuntu) what should we do
better for some areas of using Linux as an Office Desktop System.

Those packages would be maintained by MOTUIM Team.

Any objections?

Regards,

\sh