GNOME panel and sudo

Vincent Untz vincent at vuntz.net
Mon Jul 18 04:15:56 CDT 2005

On Mon, July 18, 2005 3:27, Olafur Arason said:
> What is wrong with giving the changing the group on these .desktop files
> to admin and changing the permissons to 640. This works as expected and
> doesn't involve a security risk or a parser.

I guess the problem here is that we want to have this in a spec. And I'm
not sure adding "You must use the 'admin' user as owner of the files" to the
spec will be accepted, since it forces distribution to have an 'admin' user.

And why would it be 640? I see absolutely no reason to make the files
unreadable by the users (or we should do it for most files in /etc to be
consistent...)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.