Please drop libpcap0.9

Romain Francoise rfrancoise at debian.org
Sun Jul 17 07:25:48 CDT 2005

Heads-up: libpcap0.9 is going away in Debian, I introduced this package
before the 0.9.1 release and it turns out that the released, final
version is API and ABI backwards-compatible with libpcap0.8 so there is
no need to use a separate soname and package name.  I don't know if the
automatic import of packages from unstable is still ongoing for Breezy,
but if you could import libpcap0.8 version 0.9.3-1 and tcpdump version
3.9.3-1 or greater, life would be easier for everyone in the future.

While I'm at it, I should note that if you guys need specific changes to
these packages, I'm listening.

Thanks,

--
  ,''`.