Seeking help with/takeover of PrintingRoadmap

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Thu Jul 14 03:25:08 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 22:43 +0300, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Martin Pitt [2005-05-31 23:43 +0200]:
> > I have the feeling that I cannot really care appropriately for the
> > specs I originally assigned me to, since I underestimated the workload
> > of security stuff and my other projects. So I rather ask early than
> > too late...
> >
> > Is anybody interested to help out with
> >
> >   http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/PrintingRoadmap
> >
> > ? I will be able to fix some bits and pieces in gnome-cups-manager,
> > but I feel I do not really have time to care for hplip (I don't even
> > have an OfficeJet), the FireFox/i18n printing fixes, and the USB
> > printer automagic.
> >
> > Is there anybody who is interested in this topic?
>
> I didn't get any answer so far, is there anybody interested?
>
> If not, I guess we have to move that off to Breezy+1...

This is a pity because in my ind the printing issues are one of the main
reasons for the average man in the street not yet being compelled to
switch to ubuntu. The fact that printing from a  browse doesn't work,
images don't print easily, and that fonts get distorted and mis-spaced
when printing is a big deal for people who rely heavily on printing.

Does no one have the inclination, aptitude and capacity to take this on?
Please...

Thanks
JaneW

--