Automatic and silent installation of security updates

Wouter Stomp wouterstomp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 09:06:15 CDT 2005

> While I agree with the original bug, in that silent installation would
> be a definite plus, I'd not like to see a *totally* silent/automatic
> installation. Not that I mind the software being installed, but it is
> *my* pc, my *tool*, and *I* am in control.

Well at least it could be an option, as I am usually fine with some
lib-abc-de-6 version 2.5.7.14 being upgraded to 2.5.7.15 if it fixes
security issues and I don't want to spend any time on that, not even 5
seconds. It is not that I want my pc to think for itself, it is more
that I do want it to be secure without having to do anything myself.
About the kernel, I don't think that should be silently upgraded either.

Wouter.