Warty -> Hoary upgrade, X11 fails.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Mon Jan 31 10:52:14 CST 2005

Just tried a Warty to Hoary upgrade and X failed miserably.
The machine in question has an Intel 865 chip setup.  While X worked
fine under Warty after the upgrade X only works at 800x600 and 53Hz, at
most.  I have tried a dpkg-reconfigure and it seems to run fine, chooses
the i810 driver but X still only runs at a low res.  I have also tried
with the fb driver.

One other thing I noticed is a few xfree86 packages are left on the
system which I would think should have been purged.

I'll download the Hoary CD and try an install and report back.

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Network and Technical Services
Malaspina University-College