RFC: Automatic trouble reporting

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 30 03:17:15 CST 2005

<quote who="Johan Walles">

> What I'm hoping for with this e-mail is feedback on what people think.  Is
> this a good idea in general?  What things could be measured?  What things
> should be measured?

We can do this for a huge proportion of our desktop software with GNOME's
bug-buddy, but we have to fix up both bug-buddy and bugzilla.ubuntu.com to
do the right thing with reports. That's really the only reason why we don't
have it running already.

(we're not doing a huge amount of work on bugzilla because we're planning to
move to a new, super-dooper system relatively soon.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

       "Have you ever kissed a girl?" - Bryan Cantrill to Dave Miller