Suggestion: Tv-output that "Just Works" tm

Mattias Eriksson snaggen at acc.umu.se
Wed Jan 26 10:06:45 CST 2005

I realized that I assumed that everybody know what nvtv is... so here is
some info for everybody that doesn't know what it is.

Nvtv is according to the homepage
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/nv-tv-out/) TV-Out for NVidia cards.
However, in the documentation you can see that it supports Nvidia, Intel
and 3dfx cards. I have pasted in the list of supported chips from the
docs.

//Snaggen

TV Encoder chips currently supported
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chrontel  7003-7008     supported.
	  7009          not supported, not detected,
                        but documentation available.

Brooktree Bt868/Bt869   supported.

Brooktree Bt870/Bt871   supported.
Conexant  CX25870/871   same as above.

Philips   SAA7102/03    supported.
          SAA7108/09    same as above.

	  SAA7104/05    support code is written, but not tested.
	  SAA7108A/09A  same as above.