langpacks and fonts

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at
Tue Jan 18 06:23:20 CST 2005

<quote who="Danilo Šegan">

> I actually enjoy being able to read (well, to be honest, look at :)
> Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic and other texts with a basic install.

Yeah, this is pretty valid, and it makes a great impression. Perhaps we can
ship good, common CJK fonts, and leave the rest for langpack depends? A
country-specific flavour / derivative will just do the right thing anyway.

- Jeff

-- 2005: Canberra, Australia
    100% Pure Slashdot Wisdom: "Source code gives a whole new meaning to
                              free software."