Getting back/forward mouse buttons working as default

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:23:26 CST 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:10:11 +0000, Martin Alderson
<martinalderson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of the new high end Microsoft ones have a horizontal scroll wheel.

Are they any good? When I saw the first scroll wheel mice they blew my
mind -- it was such an intuitive and immediately usable idea.

>From the arm chair philosopher's POV horizontal scroll wheels don't
have quite the same zing for me since you don't scroll windows
horizontally very often (especially anymore since screens are getting
bigger) (though, I could happily find a use for it ;-)