No sound after updating to polypaudio

Santiago Erquicia santiago_erquicia at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 15 13:23:35 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 10:09 -0800, Justin Mason wrote:

>Santiago Erquicia writes:
>> After today's update to polypaudio I don't have sound anymore.
>> Rhythmbox says "Could not open resource for writing".  I still can hear
>> gnome sounds though.
>>
>> Do I need to apply any change to make it work?
>
>Sounds like Rhythmbox isn't going through esd or polypaudio.  if you do a
>"ps auxww" do either of those processes show up?  (they should.) if you
>run "gstreamer-properties", is the output set to "ESD - Enlightenment
>Sound Daemon"? (should be!)

polypaudio shows up when I run that command.  ESD is selected in
gstreamer-properties too.

I will take a look at your webpage.  The thing is that I had everything
working with esound and this change broke it.  polypaudio is supposed to
be a complete replacement of esound, but I don't think everything is
working yet :(

Santiago