unicode_start on second and following consoles

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) shot at shot.pl
Sat Feb 12 10:27:43 CST 2005

Hello.

Danilo Šegan:

> Switching between X and consoles unloads the font,
> and I get all the nice boxes for Cyrillic characters.

What kind of switching? If I'm running X and do a ctrl-alt-Fx,
run loadkeys and/or unicode_start and switch back to X (alt-F7),
then switching yet again to that console everything works...

> So, basically, this was (a rant? :) just noting that this is actually
> not Ubuntu problem.  Perhaps it can be hacked around (calling
> "setfont" or "unicode_start" very often), but that's not the solution
> IMHO.

Calling setfont, loadkeys and/or unicode_start very often is obviously
not an acceptable solution, but I can't say I'm seeing any reverting
from the console font, keymap and unicode_start once I set them.

Cheers,
-- Shot
--
       The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty
       in the morning feeling just plain terrible.          -- Jean Kerr