Launchpad Integration with the deskop: thoughts?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at
Wed Feb 9 14:40:26 CST 2005

<quote who="Matt Zimmerman">

> > >  Does this sound sane?
> >
> > Yes, this is what we agreed on at Mataró. ;-)
> The problem is that we need a way to look up the launchpad name for the
> application.  This is not the same as the package name, nor the name
> passed to gnome_about_new (which is localized anyway).
> I don't see an obvious way to do this without changing the library API
> incompatibly (to add a parameter to the function), which seems like a very
> bad idea.
> Any better ideas?

Add the Launchpad to the application metadata file (ie. the .desktop file).

- Jeff

-- 2005: Canberra, Australia
   "I believe in true love. But I am easily satisfied." - Miguel de Icaza