Has anybody managed to get gnome-speech with festival working?

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Wed Feb 9 00:40:56 CST 2005

Hi all.
I am wondering whether anybody has managed to get festival working with
gnome-speech in Hoary, mainly for use with gnopernicus? I am having no
luck here, and have rebuilt the gnome-speech package to include the
test-speech program, which doesn't help me either. all tests seem to run
perfectly, but I hear nothing.

I can get output from festival if I run it is tts mode with festival
--tts.

I haven't yet put in a bug, as I have also asked upstream about this to
see if anybody else has experienced the same problem.

if you have and you have a fix, or you haven't had this problem, I would
be very interested to find out.

Thanks

Luke