5 days(!) until feature freeze for Ubuntu 5.04/Hoary

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 4 16:56:58 CST 2005

Feature freeze is coming up very soon, and so this is a good time to take
stock of what we've done, and how far we have to go.

First, if you're working on Hoary features, please go to
http://www.ubuntu.com/wiki/HoaryGoals and update the status column for your
project(s).  There is a lot of work in progress, and we need to know where
we stand overall.  It's clear that we've achieved a great deal already, but
many features are in need of status updates.

By feature freeze, goals which involve development work on packages in
'main' should meet the following criteria:

- Primary and Secondary goals should have initial code in Hoary, and ongoing
  development should be taking place in Hoary

- Targets of Opportunity should have essentially feature-complete code in
  Hoary, with only bug fixing and fine-tuning remaining

If you are working on one of these projects and are not uploading your
development code to Hoary yet, then the project is at risk of falling behind
schedule and being excluded from the release.  Features which are not on
this list will not be included in the release without a justifiable
exception to the release process.  New code needs to receive widespread
testing as soon as possible so that it has time to stabilize for the final
release.

So, if your work does not meet the conditions above, please follow up to
this message with details of your situation (blocking items, outlook for the
project, help needed, etc.) so that we can discuss how to proceed.

--
 - mdz