Introduction

Owen Stenseth owen at stenseth.ca
Tue Feb 1 22:19:47 CST 2005

Hello my name is Owen Stenseth. I am a 33 year old systems architect who has been running linux since the early days of slackware. I have been using debian for a number of years and have just recently converted my wife over to gnu/linux thanks to ubuntu.

I am a seasoned web developer and have recently developed my own wiki/blog using python as a way to learn the language. I have been programming in perl for over 10 years and have experience writing XS extensions and local business modules for the language. I am a proponent of XML/XSLT and have experience with mysql and postgres. I can also get my hands dirty with C and C++ if there is a need (although I prefer scripting).

I am especially good at tools programming and am interested in furthering the ubuntu experience for those people moving from the windows environment.

We all have limited cycles that we can put back into open source projects and I wish to direct my skills and time where I can to this one. Where can I find more information about what tasks I can help with.

Regards,
Owen Stenseth
http://owen.stenseth.ca